Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Expeditions in Grid-Hopping

In the process if seeking inspiration for the photoshoot I've been struggling with, I've done one of my favorite things: Grid-Hopping. For the un-pixelated, that means travelling somewhat randomly around the grid, via the map-system, or others' offered links, seeking out attractions and interesting installations, curiosities, beautiful landscape, or anything else one might expect (or even more often, NOT expect) to find in the virtual world. KoinUp, (one of my very favorite social networks,) allows it's members to landmark the images they share, so that others can visit the places they discover, and I just found a whopper, discovered by one of my fellow avid grid hoppers. This is a monster epic of a grid creation, and I have no idea why it's not more well-known. Then again, maybe I get more excited about maps than most people do...

The sim is called Rumsey Maps, or more accurately, the sims- plural. There are four, and they are difficult to describe. I'm parked there now, my draw-distance set to an insane 512 meters, waiting for the place to fully rez so I can post pictures... which will follow this astonished ramble. Oh look!  Here they are now! (Oh... and if you want to go there, here's the SLurl! Rumsey Maps Museum









No comments: